- Are you creative?
- Are you hoping to achieve something difficult, that other people (and maybe even yourself) doubt you can achieve?
- Do you dream of another life, in which you are the person you most hope to be, if only anything was possible?
- Have you tried Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Dialectical behaviour therapy (DBT), or any other type of therapy and have found it only partly helpful, or entirely unhelpful?
- Do you identify as, or have been identified as having any of the following: Anxiety, Depression, Personality Disorder, Addiction? And/or identify as, or have been identified as Neurodivergent and/or LGBTQ+?
If you have answered yes to any of the above, then I can help you determine, create and live the life you hope for. Potentially sooner than you might have thought possible. As a creative person myself I know what it is like to struggle for identity, acceptance and freedom in an uncertain and confusing world. I also know that simply through talking with the right people, anything you can imagine is achievable!
I am a Solution Focused Brief Therapist with over 30 years experience of working in mental health. I am also a registered mental health nurse. My personal skills include dyslexic thinking, hyper-focus and attention to detail.
I recommend picking a therapist who specialises in one approach, rather than someone who says they use several. Here’s why:
- All approaches have been found to produce similar outcomes to each other when practiced well.
- The main factor determining which therapists tend to have the most successful outcomes has been found to be their level of mastery in the approach they use.
- There is a general principle that the greatest hours spent practicing one particular approach leads to the greatest degree of mastery in that approach.
I therefore choose to use a single approach, so that I can be confident in offering therapy with the degree of mastery needed to ensure the highest chance of a successful outcome, and avoid the potential pitfall of becoming a ‘jack of all trades, master of none’.
The most commonly practiced approach is Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT). It’s an effective approach, but doesn’t always work for everyone. I offer Solution Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT) as an alternative.
Why I use SFBT:
- It can help anyone seeking change in their life, regardless of diagnosis, history and circumstances.
- It’s as effective as other approaches, usually in fewer sessions. This means less time and money spent on therapy.
- It’s often a more pleasant experience for all involved.
My introduction to the Solution Focused approach was through BRIEF, the world’s leading training centre. I have been awarded their Certificate in Solution Focused Practice.
I am a founding member of the Solution Focused Universe (SFU), a ground breaking online learning community set up and run by my friend and mentor, Elliott Connie.
I am a member of the United Kingdom Association for Solution Focused Practice (UKASFP).
I offer Solution Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT) as an alternative to Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT), and other therapy approaches.
You are likely to require less sessions to achieve what you hope for.
All sessions are conducted via video call or telephone
- Session cost: £100
- Session length: Up to one hour (shorter if you prefer - whatever you find most useful)